Student Employment Forms and Federal Eligibility

Congratulations...You've just received a job offer! Before you may begin working on-campus, all students must complete eligibility paperwork. The forms below are required for you to be compliance with college policy, and with federal and state law.

**Please do not attend any training sessions or begin your first shift until your paperwork has been submitted. You will know that it’s okay to begin working when you can see your new job in Workday.**

Four forms are required:
Federal I-9
Federal W-4
State of Maine W-4
Direct Deposit Authorization Form

International Students follow a modified student employee onboarding process. If you are an international student or non-U.S. citizen, please visit our resource page for International Students.

Reminders Regarding completing the I-9 Form:

  • Do not fill out the I-9 form until you have accepted a job offer.
  • Use blue or black ink to complete the form.  Forms completed in pencil will not be accepted. 
  • Print and complete page 1 of the I-9 form.  Be sure to complete all fields.  Note N/A for fields that are not applicable.
  • List a home (permanent/legal) address.  Do not list your SU Box in the address section. 
  • Do not complete page 2.  Stop by the Student Employment Office with your identification (list of acceptable documents) to complete the form.
  • Expired documents, photocopies, scans, and faxes are not acceptable forms of identification. 


I-9 Form (pdf - print, complete and bring to SEO office)
Instructions to complete the I-9 form
List of Acceptable Documents for completing the I-9 form

W-4s and Direct Deposit

  • Each of these forms will be completed online via the Workday website AFTER you visit SEO to complete your I-9 form.
  • You will receive notifications in your Workday inbox to guide you through employee onboarding.
  • Our Workday Student Onboarding Instructions may be of help to you as you complete your W-4 Forms.

Please visit the Student Employment Office if you need assistance to complete these forms or help with finding a bank.