Parking Violations and Fines
Parking violations include, but are not limited to, the following and are subject to fines and/or towing:
- Unregistered employee or student vehicles parked on campus property.
- Parking in an unauthorized area. In paved parking lots, parking is permitted only in lined spaces.
- Parking or driving on grass and walkways is prohibited.
- Parking is prohibited at any time in fire lanes, delivery entrances, blocking dumpster's and loading docks, etc.
- Failure to display current employee or student decals.
- Failure to display visitor or temporary permits.
- Unauthorized parking in areas restricted to fleet vehicles.
- It is a violation to park in a lot other than one for which you have a permit.
- Securing or using a parking permit through misrepresentation.
All parking violations, except misappropriation of parking permits, disabled persons, and scofflaw status parking violations are $25.00 per violation. Repeat violators will have their vehicles towed at their expense.
The following violations will result in a $50.00 fine: Parking in a Fire Lane, Parking in violation of a Snow Parking Ban, and Unregistered Student Vehicle on Campus.
Misappropriation of parking decals will result in a $100.00 fine and loss of parking privileges.
Unauthorized use of a parking space reserved for disabled persons will result in a $200.00 fine, and the vehicle will be towed at the owner's expense.
SCOFFLAW STATUS OCCURS AFTER THREE VIOLATIONS DURING THE ACADEMIC YEAR; EACH SUBSEQUENT VIOLATION RESULTS IN A DOUBLE FINE ($50.00) AND THE VEHICLE WILL BE TOWED AT THE OWNER'S EXPENSE.