The Quantitative Reasoning Program was established at Bowdoin in 1996 (as the Quantitative Skills Program - later changed to QR) to support all students in strengthening their understanding and application of mathematical, logical, and statistical skills.
Services provided by the QR Program include:
- Assessing first-year students' quantitative literacy
- Advising students, in coordination with academic advisors, regarding appropriate quantitative courses
- Establishing study groups for quantitative courses
- Providing individual tutoring, in coordination with the course department, for students in quantitative courses
- Offering supplemental support to quantitative courses, as requested by faculty
The Quantitative Reasoning Program is located in The Center for Learning and Teaching, Kanbar Hall, Room 102. Please contact Eric Gaze, Director (email@example.com) or 207 725 3135.