In the past, approximately 75% of the incoming class has participated in the Pre-Orientation Trip Program.
The Pre-Orientation Trips are the first activity of the academic year. They provide a great chance for
first-year students to meet classmates, upperclass student leaders, faculty and administrative staff
members in a relaxed and informal setting.
The Bowdoin Outing club & the McKeen Center for the Common Good
combine to offer 26 different experiences to explore the great state of Maine! Use the menu on the left or
download a PDF version to learn more about each trip before completing the trip registration & medical
waiver found at the bottom of this page.
Pre-O trips do not overlap with athletic practices &
Fall athletes are encouraged to participate!
Dates: August 23th - 27th, 2011
Cost: $400 (Financial aid is available upon request)
Trip Registration - Trips are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. You will not be NOT be assigned to a trip until we recieve both parts of the registration process! (available May 15th, due June 1st)
1) Medical Waiver (mail in)
- Print, fill out & return the Pre-Orientation Medical Waiver (PDF) to Bowdoin College with your other first-year registration documents. (required)
- Become a member of the Outing Club! Send in a check for $45 made out to "Bowdoin College" with "BOC dues" in the memo line. Get access to the BOC email list, trips, gear, classes, events & more throughout the year! (optional)
2) Trip Registration (online)
- Sign into https://blackboard.bowdoin.edu/ (live 5/15/2011) with your Bowdoin username & password.
- Under the 'Pre-Orientation Trip Form, Class 2015' box, select 'Pre-Orientation Trip Form'.
- Read the directions carefully.
- Click on the form at the top of the page and complete the form!
- Mid May 2011 - Information and application materials for the Pre-O trips available to incoming sudents.
- June 1, 2011 - Applications are due and trips are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Mid-July 2011 - Acceptance information letter and equipment list mailed to all participants.
- Tuesday August 23th, 2011 - Arrive at Bowdoin! Students can drop off items at their dorm rooms. Current Bowdoin students will be available starting at 9:00 AM to open your room & help you get your things inside (we ask that students don't unpack until after your trip). After dropping off your items (or before), stop by the Polar Bear in front of Smith Union to check-in for your Pre-Orientation Trip.
- Tuesday August 23th, 2011 - 4:00 PM - All First-year pre-orientation participants meet at Farley Field house.
- Wednesday August 24th, 2010 - Pre-Orientation Trips Depart
- Saturday August 27th, 2011 - 5:00 PM - Pre-O trips Return
- Saturday August 27th, 2011 - 5:00 PM - Orientation Week Begin!
If you need more information, please contact Sarah Liu, Pre-Orientation Trip Coordinator:
(207)798-4268 or email her at email@example.com