Buildings Access

Most academic and administrative buildings on the Bowdoin College campus have exterior door access readers that require a Bowdoin OneCard for access. Each building's access plan is individually designed to meet the needs of the residents within the building. Residence halls are locked at all times and always require authorized an Bowdoin OneCard for entry.

Students who need additional access should have the faculty member or supervisor submit a request to the OneCard office. For access requests involving residential spaces, students should speak to Residential Life.

Faculty and staff access requests should be made to department coordinators or supervisors, who can send card access programming edits and authorization to the OneCard office.

Most access requests will be completed within one business day. Request access via email to or through our service request page.