Community Course Liaisons
The McKeen Center offers students semester-long fellowships as paid community-course liaisons to work with faculty members teaching community-based courses. This stipend provides opportunities for students to:
- serve as a liaison between the faculty member, the students and the community partner collaborating in a course
- provide support in implementing a community-based course project
- work to promote a campus culture of public engagement in an academic setting
- identify opportunities for further campus connections to community agencies
- deepen their understanding of an academic discipline and its work beyond the academy
Students with previous experience in a community-based course or who have worked with the community partner associated with a particular course are ideal candidates for this fellowship and should speak with their professors about possible opportunities to be a community-course liaison. Faculty members who are teaching a course with a community-based component and would like to hire a student liaison should contact Janice Jaffe (email@example.com, X4156).