Web Site Terms & Conditions of Use
All information and materials located on this Web site are provided by Bowdoin College ("College") under the following terms and conditions. BY USING THIS WEB SITE, OR ANY OTHER WEB SITES OWNED BY BOWDOIN COLLEGE, VISITORS AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE.
Members of the Bowdoin College community are also subject to the Computer and Network Use Policy. College community members encompass College faculty, students, and staff with official standing, alumni, and others associated with Bowdoin who have access the College's IT resources.
- This Web site is provided by the College as an informational service and educational resource in support of uses consistent with Bowdoin's business practices and/or academic mission. The College provides information, but makes no claims, promises, or guarantees about the timeliness, accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on College Web sites/pages. This disclaimer also applies to all other Web sites/pages to which links are provided on College Web sites/pages.
- Copyright and/or other intellectual property laws protect all material on this Web site.
- "Bowdoin College" and "Bowdoin" are registered trademarks owned by the College. The College owns other trademarks as well. These include College logos, designs, slogans, and other indicia. Other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners and are used by the College with the consent of their respective owners.
- Visitors to College Web sites/pages agree not to use the site for unauthorized sale, trade or other commercial purposes.
- Visitors agree not to post or transmit information or materials that violate any rights of any third party, that contain known viruses, or other harmful components, or that contain threatening, abusive, or obscene images or language, or that are otherwise illegal.
- The College reserves the right to remove or edit any messages or material submitted by visitors, without notice.
- The College is not responsible for material submitted to the College or posted in chatrooms or on bulletin boards including the contents of personal Web sites/pages within the College's Web site. The College expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content of any such material.
- With the exception of sites/pages intended by the College to be interactive, visitors agree not to modify, move, add to, delete, or otherwise tamper with any information or other materials contained in this Web site without proper authorization.
- Visitors agree not to decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or unlawfully use or reproduce any of the software, copyrighted material, trade secrets, or other proprietary information contained in this Web site.
- This Web site contains links that allow visitors to access other Web sites that are not under direct or indirect control of the College. These links are provided as a convenience, to visitors; the College does not necessarily endorse any sites/pages to which links are listed on College sites/pages. The College, therefore, assumes no responsibility or liability for any material that may be found in any other Web site accessed through this Web site, nor does the College make any representation regarding the quality of any product or service available at any such site. The College expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content of any such site.
- The College makes no representations or warranties as to this Web site or any information provided on this Web site. The College does not guarantee that the Web site is free of viruses, or other harmful components. The College assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of this Web site. Information provided on this Web site is provided without warranty of any kind.
- The College reserves the right to add, delete, change, improve, or update the materials and information on this Web site without notice.
- The College does not guarantee that the Web site will be continuously available.
- A visitor's use of this Web site is at his/her own risk. In no event will the College be liable to any visitor to the Web site for damages suffered by the visitor as a result of his/her use of the College's Web site, or as a result of the unavailability, malfunction, or misuse of the College's Web site. In addition, the College will not be liable for indirect, consequential, special, or punitive damages that result from or arise out of the use or inability to use the Web site.
- By using the Web site, you release the College from, and agree to hold the College harmless from, any and all claims demands, liabilities, costs and expenses that may result from your use of this Web site.
- Questions concerning this policy should be directed, in writing, to:
- Chief Information Officer
9600 College Station
Brunswick, ME 04011-8496