To connect to the BOWDOIN wireless network, you must:
Please select your operating system from the list below to see how to setup your computer for access to the BOWDOIN wireless network.
1. Click on the Airport icon by the system clock on the Macintosh desktop.
2. Choose BOWDOIN and enter your username and password.
3. A Verify Certificate window will open the first time you connect. Click Continue to accept the certificate. It may take up to 30 seconds to get an ip address.
1. Make sure Windows is managing your wireless connections.
2. Click on the Wireless Icon in the taskbar located near the system clock.
2. Choose BOWDOIN from the list of available wireless networks.
3. Enter your user name and password.
4. Accept the certificate if prompted.
1. Navigate to Settings-->Internet
2. Click on the "Options" button next Bowdoin (NOT "Connect")
3. Then in the window that comes up click "Connect" in there!
4. You will see the following screen:
5. Choose "PEAP" for the 'EAP method', 'Phase 2 Auth' = automatic, 'Server CA certificate' = "Do Not Check"
6. Then enter your Bowdoin username in the 'Identity' field and then your Bowdoin password in the 'Password' field. Leave the 'Anonymous identity' field empty.
7. Click "Connect" and wait a moment and you should get a window that says "connected".
1. Click on the wireless symbol up in the notification bar and choose the Bowdoin wireless network to connect to
2. You should get the following window:
3. Change all the settings to the ones above: Wireless Security = WPA & WPA2 Enterprise, Authentication = Protected EAP (PEAP), Leave Anonymous Identity empty, CA Certificate = none, PEAP Version = automatic, Inner Authentication = MSCHAPV2, Username = your Bowdoin username, password = your bowdoin password.
4. Click "connect". You will get the following window:
5. For the above window, check the box for "Don't warn me again" and click "Ignore"
6. You should then get a window that pops up and says "connected"
7. You should be able to get to the Bowdoin homepage:
1. Select the Settings icon.
2. Select Wi-Fi and make sure Wi-Fi is turned on.
3. Under Choose Network... choose BOWDOIN.
4. Enter your Bowdoin Username and Password and tap Join.
5. When asked, tap the Accept the security certificate.
You will now be connected to the Bowdoin network.
BOWDOIN-LEGACY is a wireless network for devices that do not support WPA2 Enterprise wireless network. If you have a device that does not connect to the BOWDOIN wireless network, (Wii, Xbox, Amazon Kindle (except Kindle Fire & newer), Sony eReaders, Android devices Running Android OS 3 and below, AppleTV, Playstation, etc.) you will need to contact IT Student Services (x. 5050) to have the wireless hardware address registered for your device. This will allow your device to connect to the BOWDOIN-LEGACY wireless network.
Choose the BOWDOIN-GUEST wireless network from your computer or Smartphone.
Open a web browser and fill out the registration web page that automatically loads. If your browser does not immediately connect to this page, refresh your browser.
BOWDOIN-GUEST access will expire 24 hours after you register.
BOWDOIN-GUEST wireless access is used for email and web browsing, has limited access and is not as fast. Bowdoin services like printing and network file services are not accessible when connected to the guest wireless network.