Setting up VPN on Windows
Overview of Accessing the Bowdoin Network from off-campus
Note: Before you can use VPN, you must submit a VPN Request Form.
Windows 7 32bit & 64bit:
- From the "VPN Access" site, download the "Cisco VPN client for Windows 7 64bit" to your computer's desktop.
- Double-click the "bowdoinvpnclient-win7.exe" icon on your desktop to start the installer
- Follow the prompts in the installer window until it is finished.
- To start the VPN, go to the Windows Start Menu/All Programs/Cisco Systems VPN Client folder.
- Click on VPN Client to open the VPN software.
- Select the connection called "BowdoinCollege" and click the "Connect" button in the toolbar.
- Enter your Bowdoin email address and password into the prompt that appears and click "OK".
- You should now be connected to the Bowdoin network using VPN. The VPN icon in the notifications area of the taskbar should appear "locked".
- Click on Bowdoin VPN.
- Click on Connect
- Type in your Bowdoin email address in the username field (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Type in your Bowdoin Password.
- Click OK
- You should now be connected to the Bowdoin network using vpn.
Accessing your files:
To access your files once you've connected via VPN, see the instructions for accessing microwave shares.
NOTE: You do not need to be attached to VPN to access IceBox at any time.
- Document author:
- Jason Pelletier
- Last modified:
- Aug 19, 2014