Print From a Mobile Device
Print to PolarPrint from any mobile device with email access
By sending an email from your Bowdoin email address to one of a few special email addresses, either the email itself or the attachment(s) will be available to print from any PolarPrint release station on campus. The following steps will help guide you through this process.
- Decide how you want your print job to appear in order to select the correct email address.
- Decide what you want to print
- PolarPrint will queue up to 10 attachments per email when a message is sent to any of the above addresses
- If there are no attachments, PolarPrint will queue the email itself to be printed
- Ensure your print job is in the right format
- PolarPrint can print documents of the following application filetypes
NOTE: Even though PolarPrint mobile printing doesn't support Apple iWork documents, you can still print from those applications and apps by emailing your document in PDF format.
- PDF (.pdf)
- Word Documents (.docx, .doc, .rtf, .dot)
- Excel Documents (.xslx, .xls, .xlt, .xltx, .xltm, .xlsm, .csv)
- Powerpoint Documents (.pptx, .ppt, .pptm, .pot, .pps, .potx, .ppsx)
- Visio Documents (.vsd, .vss, .vst, .vdx, .vsx, .vtx, .vdw)
- Images (.jpg, .jpeg, .png, .bmp, .gif)
- Text Documents (.txt, .mht, .eml)
- OpenOffice Documents (.odt, .ods, .odp)
- Publisher Documents (.pub)
- An email message
- Once decided, send your print job(s) to any of the above email addresses.
- You will receive an email reply from PolarPrint letting you know that your document has been received and ready for release
- Approach any PolarPrint release station on campus, swipe your OneCard ID, select your job and print it. If you need to, when you select the job it will tell you the total cost in the lower-left corner and you won't be debited until the job is actually released and printed.
- Additional notes
- If you emailed a the color address but you release your print job at a black and white printer, the print job will only be in black and white but you will also only be charged the black and white price
- If your email to PolarPrint also includes images in your signature, those are looked as attachments and will appear in the PolarPrint queue. These can be ignored and not printed, they will auto-delete in a couple of hours
- The name of the print job that appears in the PolarPrint release station will take the following format
- If you are expecting to print just an email, the name of the job will be the subject line of the email
- If you are printing an attachment or attachments, each one will be named the document name
- You will not see your name next to your print jobs, the string of numbers next to each print job is actually part of your OneCard ID number and is not easily known/memorized so be sure to look for your document name to identify the print job.
- Document author:
- Last modified:
- Aug 27, 2013