Troubleshooting Pharos Driver and Release Station Issues
If you don’t see a Pharos Popup or Notify message after sending a print job to a public printer on a Mac OS X computer:
- Pharos requires two services to be running on your Mac. You can check to see if they are running by using the Activity Monitor (Applications-->Utilities-->Activity Monitor) to make sure both Popup and Notify are in the list. If you don’t see them:
- Make sure you have installed Pharos Notify in addition to the printer package.
- Reboot your computer to restart the services.
- Check System Preferences > Security > Firewall and make sure "Allow all incoming connections" is selected. (Port 515 and 28203 must be open in order for Pharos to work)
- Pharos does not support the Fast User Switching on Mac OS X. Make sure Fast User Switching is disabled by: Clicking on Apple-->System Preferences-->Accounts. Choose “Login Options” at the bottom & Uncheck Fast User Switching.
- If you get a message when printing saying you need to run software update to install the latest drivers, run software updates (Apple-->Software Update)
If you don't see a Pharos Popup or Notify message after sending a print job to a public printer on a Windows computer:
- Since Windows 7 we have not been seeing Pharos issues on the PC. If you are experiencing an issue please contact ITSS at 721-5050 or come see us on the 2nd floor of Coles Tower.
Please contact OneCard if you receive this error. Bowdoin has adopted an "allocation, then charge" model for printing and copying. This error usually occurs if there are not enough funds in your OneCard account. See information about student printing allocations
"Unable to Contact PharosEDI"
Re-swiping your ID card usually corrects the issue. This error occurs because the release station lost connection to the server while in sleep mode.
If you are still experiencing Pharos Popup or Notify issues please contact ITSS at 721-5050 or come see us on the 2nd floor of the Coles Tower.