MobilEcho is an application that provides a secure way for iPads to connect to Bowdoin's network file services (Microwave). In MobilEcho you can open files from the Microwave, create folders, search for files and save files back to the Microwave from other applications.
Before Using MobilEcho on an iPad:
1. You will be sent an email with directions for setting up and installing Mobile Echo along with your 1 time passcode.
2. Download the MobilEcho application from the Appstore.
3. Configure the MobilEcho app to connect to the Microwave. (If you are off campus you must be connected to the VPN).
The Mobile Echo Interface
Working with Files:
When opening a file you can preview the file within MobilEcho.
Renaming a file.
Copying or Moving a file
Deleting a file
Working with Multiple Files:
When moving or copying files they will first appear in the clipboard. The clipboard allows you to select the item(s) you'd like to copy or move, and then navigate to the the folder on Microwave and paste them in that folder. Tap the clipboard icon to see the clipboard.
NOTE: The mobilEcho client application clipboard works like a computer clipboard. If you copy files with the clipboard and have not get pasted them, then you select another see of files and copy them with the clipboard, the previously copied files will be cleared and replaced with the new file(s). No files are actually copied or moved unless you choose to paste them.
Annotating PDFs in Mobile Echo:
Sending Files from Other Applications on your iPad to the Microwave:
The mobilEcho application allows files from other iPad applications (Goodreader, Documents to Go, iAnnotate) to be sent to mobilEcho. This is done using the "Open In" feature of those applications.
1. When you open a file in mobilEcho from another application, the file first goes into mobilEcho’s File Inbox.
2. Tap the File Inbox.
3. Tap the file you want to put on the Microwave.
4. Choose Copy with Clipboard or Move with Clipboard. The file is now in mobilEcho’s Clipboard.
5. In mobilEcho, go to the folder on the Microwave that you want to move the file to.
6. Tap the Clipboard icon.
7. Tap on the file you want to move.
8. Tap Paste. The file is now moved from your iPad to Microwave.
Note: Not all applications have an "Open in" feature.