Access the Research Directory on Microwave
Note: These directions assume you are on a campus computer and that you initially logged into the computer you are working at. You must log in as yourself for the permissions to work correctly.
If you are on a non-Bowdoin computer and are asked to authenticate, type in your email@example.com (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) and then your email password.
From a PC:
- Click on the Start button
- In the Search field at the bottom of the Start menu, type: \\microwave\research. Press the enter key of your keyboard
- A new window, "Network > microwave > research" will open. Locate your research directory and double-click on it to open it.
- You may need to map a drive to your course directory.
From a Mac:
- From the Finder, choose Go/Connect to Server...
- Below "Server Address:", type: smb://microwave/research
- Click on the Connect button.
- When prompted to authenticate, type in your email user name and password in the appropriate fields and click on OK.
- A "Research" icon will appear on your desktop and a "Research" window will open. Locate your research directory and double-click it to open it.
- Note: If you want to save the connection to the Research directory, click on the "+" next to the Server Address to save it to your "Favorite Servers" for quick access.
- Document author:
- Last modified:
- Aug 19, 2014