Create a Signature for your Email Messages
Your signature will appear at the bottom of every email message you send and can include your job title and contact information. Webmail, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2011.
Note: if you use more than one email program, you will have to create the signature in each one.
- Log into Webmail.
- Click on the Options icon at the top right of your Webmail window and choose See All Options.
- Select Settings on the left navigation bar.
- Make sure that the Mail tab is selected within the Settings section.
- In the E-Mail Signature box, type and format your name and other contact information.
- If you want to have your signature appear on all outgoing messages, select the Automatically include my signature on messages I send check box. Or, you can insert your signature on select messages by using the Insert Signature icon when you are within an individual message.
- Click Save on the bottom right of the window.
- Return to your Mail by clicking on MyMail on the upper right of the screen.
Outlook 2010 for Windows:
- Open Outlook
- Click on the File tab and choose Options
- Select Mail to the left of the window
- Click the Signatures button.
- Click the New button
- Type a name for your signature file and click on OK
- In the bottom half of the window type what you want to appear in your signature. Format it just as you would if you were typing it into an email message.
- Click OK
- Click OK at the Options window.
- Now when you create a new mail message, the signature will display on your message.
Outlook 2011 for Macintosh:
- Click on the Outlook Menu/Preferences
- Select Signatures from the email section.
- Click the "+" sign in the lower left corner to create a new signature file.
- Click on the text "untitled" and type in a name for your signature file.
- Type in the information you want to include in your signature file in the text box to the right.
- Select the checkbox next to your signature file to choose it as the default.
- Close the signature file window, your new signature file will appear in all new email messages!
- Document author:
- Last modified:
- Aug 19, 2014