If you would like to create a new shared calendar to coordinate scheduling among a department or groups, follow these instructions.
To view an existing shared departmental calendar that already exists, follow the steps below that match which version of Outlook you are using: Outlook 2010 (Windows), Outlook 2007 (Windows), or Outlook 2011 (Mac).
1. Start from the Home tab in the Outlook calendar.
2. In the Manage Calendars group, click Open Calendar/ Open Shared Calendar.
3. Type the name of the calendar you want to open or click Name to select a name from the Address Book. Click OK. The shared calendar will show in your calendar window. After you access a shared Calendar for the first time, the Calendar will stay in your calendar list on the left each time you open Outlook.
Note: If the person whose Calendar you want to open has not given you permission to view it, Outlook will prompt you to ask the person for permission. If you click Yes, a sharing request e-mail message will open. This message requests the person to share his or her Calendar with you and also provides the option to share your default Calendar with him or her.
1. Click on Calendar in the left navigation pane of your Outlook window.
2. Click on the link that reads Open a Shared Calendar... in the middle section of the left naviation pane (you may need to scroll down to see it).
3. Type in the name of the departmental calendar.
4. Click OK and the shared calendar will display beside your own calendar.
1. In your Outlook calendar choose File/Open/Open Other User's Folder.
2. Type in the name of the calendar you want to open. Click OK.
3. You may be asked to choose the shared calendar. Select the calendar and click the Select button.
4. The calendar will appear on the left under Shared Calendars. It may take a few seconds for the calendar to appear and to show all of the calendar appointments. If you have not been given acces to a shared calendar you will get a message saying so. Contact the individual to share their calendar or the owner of the department calendar.