The Bowdoin address book will work only while your computer is on campus. If you need to use the Bowdoin address book from home you will need to use the Virtual Private Network (VPN).
1. To check your address book settings in Thunderbird on a Mac, go to Thunderbird > Preferences
2. Click Composition and choose the Addressing Tab.
3. Choose Edit Directories:
4. Highlight the directory and choose Edit
5. Select the General Tab:
a) Make sure you have entered the following information:
b) Click Ok twice and close the composition window.
c) When you write a message for the first time, it will ask for your password for bowdoincollege.edu.
d) Enter your email password and check “Use password manager to remember this password”
6. Select the Addressing Tab. Make sure the Bowdoin Directory is the drop down for directories:
The Bowdoin address book will now auto populate when you address an email.
7. Also go to Tools > Account Settings and go to Composition & Addressing. Make sure Bowdoin Directory is chosen there too.