Searles 128 is designed to support computer science coursework and research. The room also includes an overhead projector, data projector, VCR, DVD player, and a sound system that can be used for audio/visual presentations by students and faculty.
Location: Searles Science Building, Room 128
Hours: Open M-F 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. unless booked for labs. Closed during school breaks.
Room Type: Dual Boot Apple Computer Lab running OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and Windows 7
Reservations: May be reserved during non-public hours, contact Sue Theberge
- 22 - 21.5" iMac Computers
These computers have a Quad-Core Intel i7 processor and 8 GB of RAM.
- 1 - Instructor Station
iMac computer (same configuration as classroom computers). Work station interfaces with projection and audio system.
- For a list of software installed on the OSX platform click Software installed on Macintosh Lab Computers on the right.
- For a list of software installed on the Windows platform click Software installed on Windows Lab Computers on the right.
- Sony VPL S900 Data Projector
This Sony Data Projector is ceiling mounted and capable of resolutions up to 800 x 600.
- HP LaserJet 4050N Printer
- Overhead Projector
- For a list of software installed in OSX please visit OSX Software.
- For a list of software installed in Windows please visit Windows Software.
In addition to the general lab software, Searles 128 also has the following software installed:
- Xcode 4.6.3
- Python Tools