The Scratch Space
The Scratch Space is a lab designed for students and staff looking for a workspace that offers resources to help with video, audio and other digital projects. During the academic year this lab will be staffed by students and staff skilled in multimedia software and hardware. Final Cut X is installed on all of the computers.
Location: H&L Basement
Hours: Open during library hours
Staffing: The Scratch Space is staffed by students during the academic year during the following hours:
- Monday through Thursday: 8:30am -12pm, 2pm-5pm & 7pm to 11pm
- Friday: 8:30am -12pm and 2pm-5pm
- Saturday: 2pm -5pm
- Sunday: 2pm -5pm and 7pm-11pm
Room Type: Apple Dual Boot Computer lab running OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and Windows 7 64-bit
Reservations: This is not traditionally a reserveable area due to its openness to the rest of the Library.
- 10 - Apple 21.5" Dual-Boot iMac computers running OS X and Windows 7.
These computers have 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7 processors, a Fusion Hard Drive and 8 GB of RAM.
- 50 inch LED monitor for group work and collaboration. Bring your own laptop, iphone, or iPad.
- Scanning - large format scanner, 8 12 x 11 scanner, scan to USB Flash drive from copier.
- 4 Bay DVD duplicator.
- Polar Print Black and White Printer
- Polar Print Color Printer
- For a list of software installed in OSX please visit OSX Software.
- For a list of software installed in Windows please visit Windows Software.
In addition to the general lab software, the Scratch Space also has the following software installed:
- Adobe CS5
- Final Cut X