Kanbar 101 is a classroom which provides professors the flexibility of instructing students in a classroom environment, while at the same time allowing them to bring technology use into their coursework. The classroom is designed to help professors and students give elaborate audio and video presentations.
The room can be reserved for classes by faculty and when the classroom is not in use it serves as an open lab.
Location: Kanbar Hall, Room 101
Hours: Open 24 hours during the academic year, when not reserved. ID required.
Room Type: Dual Boot Apple Computer Lab running OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and Windows 7 64-bit
Reservations: Campus Scheduler
- 27 - 21.5" iMac computers
These computers have a Quad-Core Intel Core i7 processor and 8 GB of RAM.
- 1 - Instructor Station has the same configuration as classroom computers.
- 2- Eiki LC-YG210 Data Projectors
These data projectors are ceiling mounted and have a native resolution of 1024 x 768.
- VCR, DVD Player, and Sound System
- Polar Print Black and White Printer
- For a list of software installed in OSX please visit OSX Software.
- For a list of software installed in Windows please visit Windows Software.
In addition to the general lab software, Kanbar 101 also has the following software installed:
- Berkeley-Madonna (OS X)
- Scratch (Windows)
- Inspiration (OS X and Windows)
- Peak (Windows)