Classroom Technology Standards
Updated March 8, 2011
Bowdoin’s standard classroom technology installation features a user-friendly SmartPanel classroom that is paired with an instruction workstation: Table, Podium, Movable Lectern or Credenza. To view the technical details of each classroom, go to our Classroom Technology page and select a classroom from the right.
- Page 1: Standard classroom technology configuration.
- Pages 2-3: Technical specifications and additional technology.
- Instructor workstation is located near SmartPanel
- Contains a secured, small form factor computer with movable 17” Flat panel monitor
- Small form factor keyboard and mouse
- Web cam w/built in mic on desktop for video conferencing
- Provision for laptop connection
- Output to Hi-Resolution Projector & Screen or LCD panel
- Document Camera
- Moveable, covered, consolidated cabling
- Floor box underneath or patch panel (least noticeable as possible) contains power, ethernet, video/audio and control cables
- Remote controls for projector and DVD player
- Laminated instructions in plastic holder
The following are the “SmartPanel” classroom equipment specifications:
- Projector - A ceiling mounted, networkable, data/video proector capable of the following resolutions:
- Minimum: XGA (1024 x 768)
- Current - High Definition 1 (1280 x 800): An aspect ratio of 16:10, capable of displaying High Definition Video (720p)
- Ideal - High Definition 2 (1920 x 1080): An aspect ratio of 16:9, capable of displaying High Definition Video (1080p)
- A minimum of 4500 NASI lumens is required
- LCD Panel - Capable of displaying HIgh Definition images (1920 x 1080) and various other computer resolutions. LED backlighting is required.
- SmartPanel - The source selection buttons are mounted at ADA height, clearly labeled and backlit. From left to right and top to bottom, there are two rows of three as follows:
- Row 1: Instr Comp (for lecturn computer), Laptop1 (for SmartPanel interface), Laptop 2 (if applicable)
- Row 2: Doc Cam, DVD, Blank
- Document author:
- Last modified:
- Mar 28, 2014