In honor of Polar Bear's 100th birthday on January 18, we challenge you to test your knowledge of Bowdoin's beloved mascot.
1. What do you call a group of polar bears?
2. What year was this Polar Bear mascot photo taken?
3. The Polar Bear statue, a gift from the Class of 1912, has been a popular meeting spot for years. When was it installed?
4. Admiral Donald B. MacMillan, Class of 1898, secured a polar bear for the College at the request of
athletic director Frank Whittier. How long did it take to get the polar bear from the Arctic to where it resides
now outside Morrell Gym?
5. Polar bears can be found in five different countries. Which of the following is NOT a place where polar bears live?
Tell us who you are!