Your Bowdoin ID card or OneCard identifies you as a member of the Bowdoin College community and is an important resource providing you with a variety of privileges on campus. Please keep your OneCard with you so you may provide identification at any time while on campus.
What should I do if I lose or damage my card?
Employees should not lend their ID cards to others. Lost or stolen cards should be reported immediately to Security and the OneCard Office. A card may be re-issued for a $15 fee. Employees are required to return identification cards and any other College property when they leave College employment.
How does your ID card give you access to buildings?
Swipe your card at card readers on doors or press your card close to a proximity reader mounted near many doors to enter most campus buildings and offices. (If you so not have access to a space you need to enter, please notify your supervisor or department coordinator to arrange access.)
How else can I use my ID card?
- LIBRARIES - check out library materials (books, CD's, DVD's, etc.) using your card
- ATHLETIC FACILITIES - swipe or show your card to use any of the campus athletic facilities in accordance with the Athletics Facility Handbook guidelines.
- PHOTOCOPYING and PRINTING - Swipe your card to release prints or make copies at public computer areas.
- TIMEPRO - support staff who work in locations with time clocks may swipe their OneCard to conveniently record hours worked
- POLAR PLUS CHARGES - if you have elected the Polar Plus benefit, you may use your card to charge goods and services at a variety of campus locations and the cost will be automatically deducted from your next paycheck.
For more information on Bowdoin ID CARDS please refer to the OneCard Office. For more information on ATHHLETIC FACILITIES ID CARDS, please see the Athletic Facilities Handbook or call the Athletics Office (x 3326).