Elder Care Resources
GENERAL ELDER SERVICES
Bowdoin College Anthem Employee Assistance Program (EAP) 1-800-647-9151
- Assistance in locating and referral to: adult day care, cancer centers, hospice programs, in-home services, skilled nursing providers, retirement facilities
- Identification of community services and support groups
- Your EAP Newletter - Winter 2011 has a great article on recognizing when an elder relative, friend or family member might need help!
- General resources and options for older populace throughout Maine
- Care.com serves as a source of care providers for the elderly, adults and children. All caregivers are background checked and thoroughly reviewed by online security experts. Visitors to the site can check out potential caregivers and their availability, etc. in any part of Maine.
- Non-medical services and products that provide physical, social, or personal value to maximize functional independence and socialization for older populace
- division of SeniorsPlus, the Area Agency on Aging for western Maine
- EIM connects people throughout the state of Maine with home care services using access to over 150 local home and community-based care providers throughout the state.
- services range from transportation to extensive in-home care.
- a public service of the U.S. Administration on Aging connecting you to services for older adults and their families
- free services to the elderly, disabled and homebound individuals living in Sagadahoc county and the Brunswick area, to help them remain independent in their homes.
- Screened and trained volunteers, depending on their individual availability, donate an hour or two of service to elderly and disabled people every week or every other week.
- People Plus supports an engaged, healthy, and independent life for older adults
- Activities joining the older generation to others to build community for all ages
- Fee-based weekday respite for caregivers
- Provides activities designed to encourage personal well being and strengths of the person you are caring for
- Specialized care available for those experiencing memory loss or Alzheimer’s
- Resources and community centers across the state of Maine
- Home delivered meals program for 60+ year old populace
- Fee-based non-medical services including companion care, homemaking, personal care, handyman and chores, bookkeeping/paperwork, and transportation.
- Professional Geriatric Care Management
- free, high quality legal services to Maine’s socially and economically needy elderly age 60 and over.
- Client education materials
- convenient low-fare local bus running hourly schedules in and around Brunswick
Southern Maine Agency on Aging 1-877-353-3771
Aging Excellence 771-0991
Bath Area Senior Citizens 443-4937
Elder Care Network of Lincoln County 563-2148
Elder Care Options in Brunswick
Elder Independence 1-888-234-3920
Elder Care Locator 1-800-677-1116
Greater Bath Brunswick Elder Outreach 837-8810
People Plus – Brunswick
Respite Care– Bath/Brunswick 729-8571
Spectrum Generations/Meals on Wheels 1-800-639-1553
Legal Services for the Elderly 1-800-750-5353
HOME HEALTH CARE SERVICES
Home Care and Where to Find It - DHHS, State of Maine
CHANS Home Health Care (a division of MidCoast Hospital) 207-729-6782
Interim Health Care, Brunswick 725-7201
Quick Links & Resources
If you need additional assistance with a benefits issue
contact Mary Cote (x3033)