Event Summary

Date and Time: 10/11/2008,  2:00PM
Opponent: at Conn. College
Result: W
Score: 3-2




NEW LONDON, Conn. - Eddie Jones had two goals and one assist, accounting for what proved to be the game-winner with 17:13 remaining as Bowdoin College (4-4, 3-3) rallied from a two-goal deficit to take a 3-2 NESCAC victory at Connecticut College (4-5, 3-3) Saturday afternoon.

David Kellogg set up the first goal in the fourth minute of play, sacrificing his body to block a direct kick. Kellogg was able to control the ball and play it through the legs of a Bowdoin defender to Matt Hula, who broke free in transition for his team-leading fifth goal of the season.

Later on in the 39th minute of action, Brian Morgan served a lead pass to Nick Signoriello. Bowdoin sophomore keeper Dan Hicks was able to get a piece of the initial shot to make a save but Signoriello regained control of the rebound and tucked it inside the left post for the score. The Polar Bears finally broke through in the 42nd minute of action. Sophomore Tim Prior laid down a crossing pass to Jones, who chipped it in and it was a 2-1 game.

Bowdoin evened the game at two with 19:35 remaining. Jones delivered a feed to Brendan Mooney , who chipped in a one-timer from the left side of the box. Jones scored his second goal of the afternoon with 17:13 remaining, depositing a 25 yard blast into the back of the net to put the visitors on top to stay, 3-2.

The Camels did not go quietly. In the 75th minute, Morgan nearly tied the game but Hicks was able to corral his header for the stop. With 4:50 to go, Adam Musoke served a ball into Hula, who got his head on it, but the shot sailed out of play near the right post. Senior Erich Roberts had a nice bid with two minutes to go, launching a deep blast from 30 yards away that sailed a foot wide of the left post.

The Polar Bears were able to kill the clock and hold on for the 3-2 victory. Hicks finished with four saves in goal for the visitors. Ted Lane had four stops for the Camels.