Please visit our student organization webpage for the most updated team news.
**Schedule and Results Updated Weekly at the New England Intercollegiate Sailing Association website.**
Bowdoin has a sailing team that is active and ambitious. With 24 sailors on the roster, Bowdoin teams compete in approximately 40 regattas during the fall season, and 20 to 25 in the spring. Bowdoin sailors regularly travel around New England to sail at regattas hosted by Tufts, Dartmouth, Coast Guard, Yale, M.I.T., UVM, Maine Maritime Academy and Harvard, among others. Bowdoin sailors have been climbing in visibility, with top 10 finishes in intersectional regattas this fall, and there is an active and developing focus on team racing in the spring season.
We practice on Quahog Bay in 18 high-performance Larks and 6 FJs. Our home waters are unrivalled for their beauty -- we regularly have seals, herons, and egrets watching our practice, and occasionally a bald eagle will soar overhead. We generally have flat water with some current and 8-12 knot southerlies with some late afternoon shifts, but our site also can serve up strong northerlies with dramatic shifts and flat water, and a sea breeze that lets us sail long legs in waves.
DIRECTIONS TO SAILING SITE
- Exit 28 off I-295 (Bath/Brunswick)
- Follow Rt.1 North 2 1/3 miles to Cooks Corner (Orr's & Bailey Island exit) going straight through the intersection
- Follow Rt.24 for 4.3 miles
- Turn left toward Cundy's Harbor. Follow Cundy's Harbor Road 3.2 miles
- Turn right onto Bethel Point Road. Follow Bethel Point Road approx. 1 mile.
- Turn right onto dirt Little Ponds Road; follow to the end, leaving a large barn and house just on your left; please drive slowly past the house and barn
DRIVING TIME: 2h 25min from Boston