Assistant Professor of Mathematics
Current teaching schedule available on the public course finder.
Searles Science Building - 104
- Ph.D. University of California, Berkeley
- B.S. Westmont College
- Algebra: ring theory, module theory, noncommutative (algebraic) geometry, operator algebras, category theory, and interactions between these topics.
- Obstructing extensions of the functor Spec to noncommutative rings, to appear in Israel J. Math., arXiv:1101.2239 [math.RA].
- Noncommutative generalizations of theorems of Cohen and Kaplansky, to appear in Algebr. Represent. Theory, arXiv:1007.3701 [math.RA].
- A one-sided Prime Ideal Principle for noncommutative rings, J. Alg. Appl. 9 (2010), no. 6, pp. 877 919.
- Oka and Ako ideal families in commutative rings (with T. Y. Lam), Rings, Modules, and Rep- resentations, 263 288, Contemp. Math., 480, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 2009.
- A Prime Ideal Principle in commutative algebra (with T. Y. Lam), J. Algebra 319 (2008), no. 7, pp. 3006-3027.
- Complete CV (PDF)
Personal page: http://bowdoin.edu/~reyes/