AGREEMENT TO TERMS, CONDITIONS, RULES AND REGULATIONS
You agree to obey the following rules, regulations, terms and conditions for driving on College business in addition to the terms, conditions, rules and regulations contained in the current Bowdoin College Motor Vehicle Use Policy:
1. Drivers must abide by and enforce all rules, regulations, terms and conditions as outlined in the Bowdoin College Motor Vehicle Use Policy and must know and obey all applicable campus, local, state and federal traffic laws, regulations, and ordinances.
2. The driver is responsible for the proper use and operation of the Bowdoin College motor vehicle, including, but not limited to, the use of safe driving techniques, principles, and practices at all times.
3. The driver acknowledges that College vehicles are for official business and College purposes only. Personal use for errands, medical appointments, shopping or any other personal use is strictly prohibited. If vehicles are used for personal use, the driver shall be subject to loss of driving privileges and/or disciplinary action.
4. Drivers may not allow other passengers to operate the vehicle unless the passenger is listed as an alternate driver on the Authorization to Drive form or is on the List of Approved Drivers maintained by the Fleet Scheduler. Only those individuals affiliated with the College (i.e. faculty, staff, students, invited guests, or approved outside conference attendees) are to be transported in Bowdoin College motor vehicles.
5. Drivers are responsible for notifying the Fleet Scheduler immediately of any change in their driver's license status in any state or country. Any driver of college vehicles who has their right to operate suspended or revoked may not drive a College vehicle under any circumstances until their right to operate is reinstated. Drivers are personally responsible for traffic and parking violations. Drivers must immediately inform the Fleet Scheduler of violations received while using a Bowdoin College motor vehicle.
6. Drivers are responsible for immediately notifying local police in the city or town where an accident occurs and then notifying the College's Communications Center at 207-725-3314.
7. No hazardous cargo is permitted in Bowdoin College motor vehicles. Alcoholic beverages and/or illegal drugs may not be transported or consumed in College vehicles.
8. Drivers may not operate a College vehicle under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs or while using a prescription medication that has any warning of any impairment, including without limitation, a warning for drowsiness or not to use when operating heavy machinery.
9. Before leaving the parking area or garage, drivers must do a "walk around" inspection of the vehicle and report any existing damage to the Communications Center or rental agency. Drivers must confirm that the following parts and components are in good working order: service brakes, parking brakes, steering mechanism, horn, windshield wipers/washers, rear-vision mirrors, lights/reflector devices, and tires/wheels.
10. Drivers are not authorized to operate a vehicle with anything on top of the vehicle or with anything protruding from a window or door, to push or tow any other vehicle or trailer, or to move equipment or property without written approval from the Director of Facilities Operations and Maintenance. Exceptions will be granted on a case-by-case basis to accommodate academic, athletic, and outdoor leadership center activities.
11. Drivers must turn the College vehicle off, remove the keys and lock the vehicle when it is left unattended.
12. Children under twelve (12) years old are not allowed as passengers in Bowdoin College motor vehicles unless approved in writing by the Director of Facilities Operations and Maintenance.
13. Smoking is not permitted in any Bowdoin College motor vehicle.
14. Animals, with the exception of trained service animals, are not allowed in College vehicles.
15. Drivers are responsible for returning vehicles in a clean condition. Vehicles that are left dirty will be cleaned and the department that last used the vehicle will be charged.
16. Drivers are expected to clear the vehicle of snow and ice prior to operating. Facilities Management does not warm up vehicles or clean them off. Drivers are also expected to plan enough time into their pre-trip schedule to allow for the inspection of the vehicle.
17. Drivers must return vehicles to the appropriate parking lot or rental agency. Following a trip with a fleet vehicle, drivers must submit a completed College Vehicle Trip Report along with any Wright Express fuel card receipts and the keys.
DISCLOSURE AND AUTHORIZATION FOR RELEASE OF INFORMATION
In order to determine eligibility to drive Bowdoin College vehicles in a volunteer or employment capacity, Bowdoin College may obtain consumer reports that include driving history records (Motor Vehicle Records). Under the provisions of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (15 USC at 1681-1681u) as amended, before we can seek such reports, we must have your written permission to obtain the information. You have the right, upon written request, to a complete and accurate disclosure of the nature and scope of the investigation. You are also entitled to a copy of your Consumer Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.