Did you know you can get entries from the Campus Digests immediately after they are posted and that you can integrate them into the tools you use daily? You can easily view them on your mobile device, include them in your email client, Blackboard gateway, or add them to your iGoogle/Yahoo homepages. Below are some quick instructions for accessing the digests. In all cases you will use the following URLs:
- On the Tools menu, click Account Settings.
- On the RSS Feeds tab, click New.
- In the New RSS Feed dialog box enter one of the above URLs.
- Click Add.
- Click OK.
- Select File | Add RSS Feeds
- Enter appropriate URL.
- To view, open the feed under RSS in the mailbox list
- Select Tools | Account Settings | Add Account
- Select RSS News and Blogs from the pop up dialog and click Next
- Enter a name or accept the default. Click Next and Finish.
- Right click the newly created folder, and choose "Subscribe" from the pop up menu
- In the dialog box, choose Add.
- Enter one of the above URLs into the Feed URL field and click OK
- The RSS name will appear under the account name in the folders side-bar, and the RSS feed information will appear in the e-mail viewing area, just like regular e-mail.
Firefox. Simply click on the appropriate link above, and then click "Subscribe Now." The Digest feed will be added to your Toolbar. Note, you can also use Firefox to set up your feed to Google, Outlook, or My Yahoo! by changing the options in the "Subscribe to this feed using" dropdown menu.
Internet Explorer. Simply click on the appropriate link above, and then click "Subscribe to this feed." In the pop up menu, check the "Add to Favorites Bar" box. Click "Subscribe."
Chrome. An extension is available at the Chrome Web Store, but it requires you to use another online Reader such as Google Reader, iGoogle, etc.
Safari. Simply click on the appropriate link above, and then click the + icon to the left of the URL in Safari. In the pop up menu, change the "Add this page to" selection to "Bookmarks Bar."