Faculty-Staff Digest - (01/10/2013 @ 8:31 AM)
GUIDANCE: Reporting New Year's Eve (12/31/12) & New Year's Day (1/1/13) (Lynne Toussaint)
For recording the New Year’s Eve (12/31/12) and New Year’s Day (1/1/13) Holidays, please refer to the Holiday Reporting Flowchart for guidance.
General points to keep in mind for Holiday reporting:
For employee's who worked the holiday you will need to have 2 entries:
- 1st entry to indicate the hours that you worked - NORM
- 2nd entry (with the hours you are regularly scheduled to work) to indicate whether you wish:
- to be paid for the holiday HOL - OR -
- to save the holiday hours into your vacation bank HOLS
For employees who did not work the holiday and if falls on a normally scheduled work day:
- Enter your normally scheduled hours and select the pay type HOL (holiday)
For employees that the holiday falls on a day other than a regularly scheduled work day and did not work:
- Enter one fifth of the weekly scheduled hours as HOLS (holiday save) to save as vacation hours for future use.