- Software how-to, from Bowdoin's IT department (under "Software")
- Excel training videos, from Bowdoin's IT department
- Search YouTube for software training videos.
- Software websites often include training materials. Try Microsoft, NVivo, SPSS, Stata, MATLAB, ArcGIS, etc.
- Developer resources, from Google for Education, including Google's Python Class
- ESRI offers online tutorials for ArcGIS through our site license. Please contact Jennifer Snow (email@example.com, 207-725-3707) for more information.
- codecademy, self-guided training
- Institute for Digital Research and Education, UCLA, has training materials available online for the following statistical packages: R, SAS, SPSS, Stata.
- ICPSR channel on YouTube includes videos on reading data into Stata or SPSS using a setup file, from the The Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research
Bowdoin training opportunities
Books and manuals
- Selected software manuals can be found in CBBcat by searching for the software title as subject or keyword. Bowdoin College Library does not regularly collect software manuals except on request. If you don't find what you need, please contact a librarian.
- The Quantitative Reasoning Program, within the Center for Learning and Teaching, has books on statistics and statistical methods.
Off-campus training opportunities