Department Learning Goals
- Explore the foundations of ancient Greek and Roman societies through the study and analysis of language, traditions, and material culture in their historical context.
- Read texts closely and deliberately.
- Read artifacts, monuments and spaces closely and deliberately.
- Write clearly and persuasively about the archaeological, historical and literary dimensions of Greece, Rome and the ancient Mediterranean.
- Connect Greek and Roman histories and cultures to those of other ancient and modern societies.
- Engage directly with texts written in Greek and Latin and artifacts produced in the ancient Greek and Roman world.
- Present or perform thoughtfully and confidently to a diverse audience material pertaining to Greek, Roman or ancient Mediterranean culture.
- Complete a research project incorporating both primary and secondary sources.