Story posted April 22, 2010
April 14, 2010
- many infants have begun walking in the past few weeks
- sign language use has increased
- science has become a hot activity with the use of the color panels for children to look through
Older Toddler update
- Jen, Andover practicum student, planned this past week’s activities as part of her education requirement
- Snacks at the art show were well attended and lots of fun for everyone
- Several parents visited for lunch and snack to acknowledge the Week of the Young Child.
- Preschoolers toured the art show
- Visiting the quad for outside time
- Small groups of Preschoolers will be visiting the Stevens Home on the first Friday of each month
- Exploring the "sound of silence" activity
- Students will be conducting research in the Preschool Program during the next few weeks
- We will not have psychology interns for the Fall semester
- There will be a work day for the front garden on Saturday, April 17 for student volunteers
- We will schedule a Parent Information Lunch in the Fall
- There was some discussion about the infant/toddler Children’s Study being conducted by Maine Roads to Quality/ Muskie School of Public Service. There was confusion about how this was going to happen and who will be involved. This information was shared with the researchers at MRTQ.
The meeting was adjourned. The next meeting will be at noon on May 12 at #4 South Street.
The next meeting will be at noon on May 12 at #4 South Street.