Letters of Recommendation
The faculty welcome the opportunity to write letters of recommendation for their students. To help faculty write a strong reference and ensure that it is finished in a timely fashion, please follow these guidelines when requesting a recommendation.
1. Do NOT leave a request for a recommendation in a faculty member’s mailbox a few days before the deadline.
2. Make an appointment to talk with the faculty member writing your recommendation well in advance of the recommendation deadline .
3. Bring to this appointment:- recommendation form(s) on which you have completed the sections that you, the applicant, should complete (don’t forget the waiver section!)
- a written program description (or job description, if for an employment
- addressed and stamped envelopes (if the reference needs to be mailed, rather than picked up by you)