Guides to the Bowdoin Experience

Your proctor (for first-year students) or resident assistant (for upperclass students) is another central support resource who is available to you. Your proctor or RA is a student staff member of the Office of Residential Life. She or he lives with you in your residence hall, house, or apartment complex and is available as a resource. Your proctor or resident assistant works to build community on your floor and within your building. She or he also works to promote your personal and academic success and enhance your leadership development.

Proctors and RAs have been trained to help you in an emergency—personal or academic—and they are wonderful guides to campus resources and services.