The bounce in a seastar's step: classifying gaits in underwater legged locomotion
- 2/20/2014 | 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Location: Druckenmiller Hall, Room 020
- Event Type: Seminar
- Sponsor: Biology
- Contact: Julie Santorella
- - Open to the Public -
- The Johnson Lab applies the tools of physics, math and engineering to the understanding the biomechanics, functional morphology and ecophysiology of marine invertebrates and algae.
- Focal research areas in the Johnson lab include quantifying and modeling: growth of sea urchins under conditions of variable temperature and pH, scaling of metabolic rate associated with urchin growth, lobster heart mechanics and the mechanics of underwater walking in marine invertebrates.