Location: Bowdoin / Bursar's Office / Off-Campus Study Finance Information

Bursar's Office

Off-Campus Study Finance Overview

The items on this page pertain to the general handling of finances for students approved to study for a semester or a year at another college or university. Also see the web pages Off-Campus Study Costs and Fees and Off-Campus Study Predeparture Planning.

Off-Campus Study Programs FAQ
Information about billing, payment, and student aid transmittal.

Health Insurance for Off-Campus Study
As when enrolled at Bowdoin, students participating in OCS programs will be billed as usual for Bowdoin student health insurance.  Those who normally waive the coverage will need to do so at www.gallagherkoster.com/Bowdoin. Those who normally apply for a health insurance aid credit will need to do so in the usual manner. If you have questions, please contact Leslie Nuccio in the College's Health Center at 207.798.4284 or lnuccio@bowdoin.edu.

OCS Disbursement Worksheet
This is an important document for students expecting aid (grant or loan) funds to come through Bowdoin for payment to an OCS program. The form will be distributed electronically to student aid recipients (for fall 2014, on June 15) and should be submitted as soon as possible.

Published and maintained by the Controller's Office Staff. Direct questions and comments to the Bursar, Michelle A. McDonough.