1. All majors must complete the following courses:
- Biology 1102 or 1109
- Biology 2124
- Chemistry 2320
- Chemistry 1102 or 1109
- Chemistry 2250
- Chemistry 2260
- Chemistry 2510
- Mathematics 1700
- Physics 1103
- Physics 1104
1. Students placing out of Math 1700 must take Math 1300 (Biostatistics), or one Math course higher than 1700.
2. Biochemistry majors cannot minor or major in Biology, Chemistry or Neuroscience.
3. A minimum of eleven courses related to Biochemistry must be completed for the major.
4. AP exams are used for placement in courses for the Biochemistry major, but do not count toward the 11 courses required for the major.
2. Two electives from the following: 1 must be 3000 or above.
- Biology 2210: Plant Physiology
- Biology 2112: Genetics and Molecular Biology
- Biology 2118: Microbiology
- Biology 2175: Developmental Biology
- Biology 2557: Immunology
- Biology 2566: Molecular Neurobiology
- Biology 3304: Topics in Molecular Biology
- Biology 3306: Free Radicals and Antioxidants
- Biology 3314: Advanced Genetics and Epigenetics
- Biology 3333: Advanced Cell Biology
- Chemistry 2100: Quantitative Analysis
- Chemistry 3250: Structure Determination in Organic Chemistry
- Chemistry 3270: Biomimetic and Supramolecular Chemistry
- Chemistry 3310: Chemical Biology
Students should check with the Chair of Biochemistry early in the spring semester of the Junior year concerning their progress towards completion of the major requirements.
*Note: The D policy for Biochemistry is as follows. Only one D grade is allowed in courses required for the major. This D must be offset by an A or B grade in another course also required for the major. A course in which a D is received cannot serve as a prerequisite for another course. Students may not count Credit/D/Fail courses towards the major.