Requirements for Honors
Important dates for completion of honors in Biochemistry
Please note that Biochemistry Honors Students working with Chemistry Faculty should follow the Chemistry Honors Guidelines. Biochemistry Honors Students working with Biology Faculty should follow the Biology Honors Guidelines. The dates below are a guide to the deadlines over the year.
- September 23, 2011 – Submit research proposal to Biochemistry Committee via the Biochemistry Program Coordinator, Penny Westfall.
- October 28, 2011 – Tentative thesis title to Program Coordinator
- November 18, 2011—First draft of fall semester honors paper due to advisor
- December 2, 2011 – Fall semester honors paper to readers
- December 12-13, 2011- Fall semester oral presentations
Intersession – Invitations to join honors program emailed
Spring, 2012 (specific dates will be posted over winter break)
- Early April, 2012: Final thesis title to Program Coordinator [To be forwarded to the Publications Office for inclusion in the Commencement Program.]
- April, 2012 – Draft thesis to advisor and readers
- Early May, 2012 - Poster presentation of thesis
- Early May, 2012 – Revised thesis to reader
- Mid-May, 2012 – Final revised, approved thesis due to library by 5:00 p.m.
Biochemistry honors students are also expected to regularly attend Biology/Chemistry seminars in consultation with their advisors.