Links and Resources
Learning Resources Links
- Listening Materials
Chinese Cultural Links
- Marjorie Chan's China Links
- Asian Studies WWW Virtual Library
- Internet Guide for Chinese Studies (IGCS)
- The Complete Reference to China/Chinese Web Sites: chinasite.com
- Asian Art: Asian art, exhibitions, galleries, etc.
- Beijing Opera
- Chad Hansen's Chinese Philosophy Page. Information on Taoism and other Chinese philosophy.
- CHINA - A Country Study . History, geography, traditional Chinese society and culture, modern China, women, science and technology, agriculture, industry, legal system, etc.
- ChinaLinks for HyperChina Users . A wide variety of annotated links from SinoLogic.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine . Traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture, Tai Chi (taijichuan), Chi Kung (qigong), and other related topics.
- Chinese Calendar . How to compute the date on which Chinese New Year falls in the western calendar.
- Chinese Culture (including martial arts, geomancy ( feng shui 'wind-water'), literature, legends/myths, folk arts and crafts (papercuts, etc.), festivals, food/recipes, etc.
- Confucius Introduction to Confucius' teachings, Mandate of Heaven, etc.
- Feng Shui and Qi . Chinese geomancy and qi (ch'i '(vital) energy').
- GoldenAge of Chinese Archaeology: Celebrated Discoveries from the People's Republic of China .
- Hong Kong: City of Life . Hong Kong Tourist Association's info on Hong Kong, including festivals and events (e.g., Moon Festival, Chinese New Year), Chinese zodiac, etc.
- National Palace Museum . Online exhibitions from the National Palace Museum in Taipei, Taiwan.
- Tales from the Land of Dragons: 1000 Years of Chinese Painting . Exhibit from the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.
- Shaolin Kung Fu . Learn about the history, philosophy, and styles of the oldest form of martial arts in Asia
- Wudang Martial Arts
- T'ai Chi Collection
- The Virtual Library: Martial Arts . Kung fu, Aikido, Judo, Karate, Taekwondo, etc.
- China the Beautiful . Art, history, lit (online texts--classics, poetry, prose, novels), calligraphy, etc.
- Chinascape . Chinese web index: art, language, lit (online texts), culture, etc.
- Classical Chinese Literature . Chinese classics with each character hyperlinked to its definition and etymology.
- Xi Yu Si Electronic Library philosophy, classical poetry, classical proses, classical novels, classical criticism, classical erotica, and Lu Xun's works.