Bowdoin recognizes the College Entrance Examination Board Advanced Placement program, and the International Baccalaureate program and may grant advanced placement and credit toward graduation for superior performance in those programs.
- Determination of advance placement and credit is made during the student's first year at Bowdoin.
- Have your test results sent to the Office of Admissions.
- Decisions on both placement and credit are made by the academic department in each subject area (some departments also offer placement examinations during Orientation).
- Every effort is made to place students in the most advanced courses for which they are qualified.
- First-year students may apply a maximum of eight course credits toward the degree from the following sources: Advanced Placement Program, International Baccalaureate program, and college credits from other institutions earned prior to matriculation.
Questions? Call the Office of Student Records at (207)725-3521.