Lab Instructor Performance Evaluation
- Near the end of the Spring semester, the chair will ask relevant faculty members from spring courses to submit a written report about the laboratory instructor by May 31. This written report should include a discussion of how the lab section was organized and conducted.These will be saved for the annual review of the laboratory instructor.
- Near the end of the Fall semester, the chair will ask relevant faculty members from fall courses to submit a written report about the laboratory instructor by January 21. This written report should include a discussion of how the lab section was organized and conducted.
- Lab instructors will submit a copy of their professional activities form and c.v. to the chair and to the Office of the Dean for Academic Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 21. This report should include relevant observations about performance during all semesters under review.
- The chair will review faculty reports, the lab instructor professional activities form, student opinion forms from all semesters under review (normally the previous spring and the current fall semester), and other relevant materials and write a draft performance evaluation. A copy of that draft will be sent to the lab instructor.
- A meeting will be held between the chair and the lab instructor to review the draft, to give lab instructor an opportunity to respond to the draft, to discuss extenuating circumstances, etc.
- The chair will write the final performance evaluation and share it with the lab instructor. The lab instructor will sign the final copy, indicating that s/he has read the evaluation, and the chair will deliver it, along with copies of the faculty reports and the lab instructor's professional activities form and c.v to the dean's office by no later than February 20, providing the lab instructor with a copy. If possible, email everything as attachments to email@example.com.
- Lab instructors will have the opportunity to write a letter of response to the chair and the dean's office within a reasonable time, but no later than March 29.
Lab Performance Evaluation Timeline
Professional Activities Form for Lab Instructors